Monday, May 27, 2013

Hopeful!

After much poking, they are actually considering sending us home today! Hurray! She has had blood work done for I am pretty sure everything in the book. The first two times they took blood she cried. This last time, she was calm. Sad thing to get used to something like that. We got a slightly new team of doctors today and even got one that is here from Denmark/Germany. We are still waiting for a few more labs to com back, but I am hoping that we get to leave here soon if everything is ok. Of course, because they mentioned discharge, she went an had an oxygen level episode. Hopefully it wasn't bad as she hasn't had any problems like that for the past two days. But I am so ok staying if they are concerned. Home just sounds really nice! The doctors have decided that reflux and laryngomalacia, torticollis, and some type of non-life threatening stenosis do play a part in whats going on, but it's not the whole picture. Right now they are checking iron levels to see if that is also a contributing factor. This is turning into like a very big picture. Her medical chart is like a masterful work of art by Van Gough. The words that the doctors here are using : Curious, amazing, frustrating, mysterious, hard, ect. One mentioned using her as a case study for an upcoming conference. She has been living the very elongated version of an episode of House. :)  I really do want to go home, but I want to do it in the most safe way possible. If Kotah needs to stay, then stay we will, And we will do so gratefully because it is awesome that there are places and people that can help in these situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment