Monday, May 27, 2013

Ha ha! Just kidding.

So my last blog was a lie. We did not get discharged. We were prepping for it and getting ready when the doctor came in and said that there was a change of plans as a test had come back positive for infection. So they put an iv in and gave her an antibiotic that way. She has since stopped eating all together. Her normal feed is at least every hour for 2-3 minutes. It is 12:15 She hasn't eaten for 9 hours now. And she has projectile vomited twice. She is extremely grumpy and exhausted. More so than usual. They tried to put fluids thru her iv, but the little stinker had grabbed it with her hands and dislodged it. Even though they had taped it to withstand the end of the word. So since she wont eat and has thrown up again, they are placing another iv and taking more blood work.

This is the worst she has been the whole time we have been here. Even minus all the stomach issues, she has been having oxygen level issues today. She has been able to go off of the oxygen, for the past two days which was amazing, and had no problems, until this past day. I am so glad they decided to keep her. I can't imagine going through this at home. We would just be coming back here. Blessing in disguise.

Ty and Katie got to come hang out with us for a bit today. Ty was able to get Kotah to sleep while Katie and I played hide, count and scare. It is Katie's version of hide and seek. I've missed us all being together as a family. Katie entertained the staff by running up and down an empty hall.

We have been going through quite a few nurses as they are over staffed (or under babied) and keep having to send people home. I am sure I will have no voice by tomorrow because I talk most the day long.

With this new development in her health, we could be looking at even more days. She can't go home needing an iv. We are surpassing the time the brain surgery kid spent here. I am glad that she is sick here rather than at home. But I can only imagine how she feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment